Hydraulic hoses move hydraulic fluids between and to different hydraulic components. On the other hand, hydraulic fittings connect hoses to features such as cylinders, valves, pumps, and other components. Together, hydraulic hoses and fittings control and direct the flow of a given hydraulic fluid while safely maintaining its pressure and preventing unwanted leakages. Hence, when designing a hydraulic system, it is crucial to distinguish the hydraulic hose from its fittings and choose the suitable fittings for a given hose and application.
For over 30 years, Fluid Tech Hydraulics has served the Sacramento area’s construction, industrial, agricultural, and marine industries with quick turnarounds and custom hose assemblies. Fluid Tech Hydraulics can find solutions for even the most extensive and technically challenging problems with a large inventory, expert technicians, and up-to-date equipment and capabilities.
Hydraulic Hose Assemblies in Sacramento
A hydraulic hose is a special hose used in many commercial and industrial settings. They are typically created from flexible rubber and wire, and are designed to move hydraulic fluid to and among components, valves, tools, and actuators. Because hydraulic systems run at high pressures, they are typically fortified, and constructed with several reinforcement layers. They are flexible enough to bend around corners, fit tight spaces, stretch over long distances, and isolate vibrations between connecting components.
Hydraulic hose is used as an essential in a variety of industrial hydraulic systems. Therefore, dimensions, performance specifications, industry application, construction options, and fluid and pressure type are critical parameters to consider when looking for a suitable hydraulic hose for your needs.
Teaming up with Fluid Tech Hydraulics will allow you to be sure that your hose assembly is built to live up to your unique specifications.
Industrial Hoses in Sacramento
Industrial hoses are used in various industries such as construction, manufacturing, logistics, agriculture, pharmaceuticals, rail, automotive, and many more. Industrial hoses differ from hydraulic hoses in the fluids they can transfer, size, construction, and connection. They have a much more diverse range of applications, and are why they are used in many different industries.
Fluid Tech Hydraulics have hoses that serve a wide array of industrial applications. Whether your application requires chemical resistance, abrasion resistance, heat resistance, moisture resistance, flexibility, durability, or involves the use of high or low pressures, we can meet your specific requirements. Here are some of the types of hoses you can choose from:
- Multipurpose/air hoses are versatile hoses that transport and distribute air, water, oil, and mild chemicals.
- Steam hoses are heat and moisture-resistant hoses used to transport and distribute steam.
- Water hoses are the type of hose used to transport and distribute water, slurries, and other mild compounds under low or high pressures.
- Chemical hoses are chemical-resistant hoses that transport and distribute acids, solvents, and other mild to potent chemical compounds.
- Oil/petroleum hoses are used in the oil and gas industry and other equipment that uses oil and gas to transport and distribute them.
- PVC hoses are smooth, flexible, and abrasion-resistant hoses used in various applications like construction, household, and more.
- Composite hoses are reinforced with inner and outer steel wire to improve durability, flexibility, and vibration resistance during transfer operations.
- Specialty hoses are made to meet the demands of a specific application or project and can be customized or fabricated according to the needs.
- Dock hoses are heavy-duty hoses to facilitate material transfer between barges, storage tanks, and ships.
- Dredge and material handling hoses are durable for abrasive materials such as cement, concrete, and plaster.
- Food and beverage hoses are FDA, USDA, and 3-A rated, safe for transporting and distributing food, beverages, and drinking water.
- Welding hoses are designed for use in welding applications.
Hose Fittings in Sacramento
Hose fittings come in various materials, including steel, brass, plastic, stainless steel, and aluminum. The coupling will depend on what the hose is used for and its connection. Such as hydraulic hose is used to transport oil flowing under intense pressure, the hose fittings and couplings must be durable enough to withstand this.
Hose fittings and couplings can be classified as follows:
Permanent Hydraulic Hose Fittings
It is the most common type of hose fitting. Permanent hydraulic fittings are attached to a hydraulic hose using a crimping machine. They are primarily used in the hydraulic industry because these fittings are more reliable and can be attached quickly and easily.
Reusable Hydraulic Hose Fittings
The reusable ones are expensive, time-consuming, and therefore considered outdated. These are used when a technician has no access to a hose crimper.
Quick couplers are a type of fitting that is designed for quick and easy connection. Typically, there are two sides of a quick coupler, a male and female. They are usually mounted onto a permanent hose fitting, so the technician can quickly connect the hose without any threading or bolting. There is a wide diversity of different quick couplers from various manufacturers. From air couplers to 10,000 psi hydraulic couplers, we stock a wide range of these fittings.
Need Help Choosing The Proper Hose And Fittings?
Building the best hydraulic system and application that will suit your project requirements takes various considerations and factors, even the most minor details, including choosing the suitable hose and fittings to use.
If you need assistance with repairing, replacing, or building a new hydraulic system assembly, our dedicated team at Fluid Tech Hydraulics can help! With our years of expertise in the industry, we are happy to provide products, services, and solutions for even the most complex hydraulic systems.
Interested or would like to learn more? Don’t hesitate to contact us today!