Fluid Tech Hydraulics has been supplying hydraulic and industrial equipment and supplies for a wide range of industrial applications for more than 30 years. We take pride in our full-service machine shop in Sacramento, California, which houses a broad selection of manual and computer-controlled machining units to accommodate different machining needs. We offer a wide range of advanced fabrication, repair, and rebuilding capabilities to support our products.
Machining Services in Sacramento
From manual and CNC mills and lathes to Blanchard grinders and horizontal band saws for chrome bars and other materials, we have all the supplies you need to assemble the most high-quality and reliable hydraulic systems. Our equipment list includes:
- 7 manual and CNC lathes with part capacities up to 5 feet in diameter and 40 feet between centers.
- 7 manual and CNC mills, including 3 horizontal and 3 vertical boring mills and 1 combination of horizontal and vertical boring mill.
- 1 Blanchard grinder with part capacities up to 42 inches in diameter and 24 inches in height.
- 2 HE&M horizontal band saws for chrome bar and other materials.
Our skilled machine shop experts use this equipment to produce various parts for industrial equipment assemblies, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Chrome rods
- Head glands
- Mounting eyes
Manual Machining Services in Sacramento
Manual machining refers to operations performed directly by a human operator rather than computer-controlled technology. The procedures typically involve a manual mill or engine lathe that utilizes cutting tools to remove excess material from the workpiece to achieve the desired part shape, size, and finish.
- Manual mills process a flat or curved surface by putting a piece of equipment against rotating cutter edges that can produce flat or rectangular geometries.
- Engine lathes are used to form precision cylindrical or helical geometries. It is often used to cut metals in stout forms, and the cut pieces are commonly involved in engines, structural members, mechanical assemblies, machine engines, or anything that requires accurate cylindrical geometries.
Our machine shop has the following manual machining units:
- 5 lathes: Toolmex TUR 710, Summit 42×240, Whacheon 20 1/2GX80, Dainichi 160 x 1200, and Acra Turn
- 1 surface grinder: Blanchard 22AK-42
- 3 horizontal mills: Lucas 42B-120 and Lucas (with tailstock), and Lagun (horizontal and vertical mill combination)
Although manual machining is typically a more low-cost option with a shorter setup time than its computer-controlled counterpart, it also bears particular limitations to part complexities and geometries. It is also low on material removal efficiency. Nevertheless, they are more efficient in simple machining operations, specifically those with lower part volumes or modifying existing parts.
Sacramento CNC Machine Shop
CNC stands for Computer Numerical Control, which refers to the machining operation being directly controlled by pre-programmed computer software rather than a human operator. The program commands the machine’s motions and tools, delivering high-precision manufacturing requirements for even the most complex and intricate parts and components.
Contrary to its manual and non-automated counterparts, CNC machining has a longer setup time but is more versatile and adaptable. It can be integrated into many machining systems, such as lathes, mills, routers, and grinders. It can produce more complex geometries and operations, custom-made and intricately welded parts to cater to your hydraulic and industrial machinery needs, and is essential for small to large volumes of parts.
Our Sacramento machine shop houses the following CNC machining units:
- 2 lathes: Hwacheon HI-TECH 550BL MC and TRAK TRL 2470SX
- 3 vertical mills: HAAS VF-2 1998 and 2 units of TRAK DRPM RX7
- 1 horizontal mill: HAAS EC-1600-ZT 2019
Looking For Blanchard Grinding In Sacramento?
Fluid Tech Hydraulics now has Blanchard grinder services in our Sacramento machine shop! Blanchard grinding is also known as rotary surface grinding. Since its development in the 1900s by Blanchard Machine Company, Blanchard grinding has become a common term in the manufacturing industry. It is the most efficient method of finishing flat surfaces on virtually any material.
The finish is produced using a vertical grinding spindle with a cylindrical grinding wheel and a flat magnetic chuck to hold the ferrous material for finishing. Blanchard grinding is unsurpassed in its ability to efficiently remove large amounts of material in a minimum amount of time while retaining extreme accuracy on the finished products, including total parallelism and flatness, consistency in thickness, versatility in size, and polished surface finishes.
This method is ideal for large castings, forgings and stampings, large sectionings of plate stock, and producing dies and molds. This grinding solution is an effective method for simultaneously grinding multiple more minor to more sophisticated components, and it is also very cost-effective since it uses greater horsepower.
Industries We Served
At Fluid Tech Hydraulics, we design, fabricate, repair, or rebuild hydraulic and industrial equipment, parts, and components used in the construction, farming, agriculture, food processing, infrastructure, manufacturing, and mining industries. We also supply new parts or repair damaged parts subject to harsh and extreme conditions.
Manual and CNC Machining Services in Sacramento
When choosing a machine shop, it’s essential to know that you are working with specialized experts who know how to deal with all the components of the machine in the industry and various applications that relate to it.
If you’re looking for a partner for your next machining project in Sacramento, turn to the experts at Fluid Tech Hydraulics. We offer manual and CNC machining capabilities that meet the needs of some of the most significant and most technical projects. Contact us today to learn more about our machining services or discuss your machining requirements with one of our team members.